Does the Man Make the Shoes or Does the Shoes Make the Man? Nike Air Yeezy 2 designed by Kanye West
Nike Air Yeezy 2 designed by Kanye West
Groups of people (mostly young men) are standing and sitting outside of sneaker stores to be amongst a select few people on earth that own a pair of Nike Air Yeezy 2- designed by Kanye West. Some people have been waiting outside for days (others for over a week) to buy a pair of sneakers, that retail for around $245. It was reported, by Eonline, that someone paid $90,300.00 for a pair of these shoes. Other online bids range between a few thousand dollars. It is estimated that the total cost to produce a pair of Nikes is between $15 to $20; including but not limited to, production, materials, equipment, supplier’s operating profit, and shipping.
There are so many things I can say about this situation; however I am only going to speak on a few.
- How often do we see these young men waiting outside all night, or all week, to be admitted into institutions of higher learning?
- How often do we see them waiting outside to gain employment?
- How often do we see them waiting outside for financial counseling?
- How often do we see them waiting outside to volunteer for a non-profit?
- How often do we see them waiting outside to increase their spiritual foundation?
- Or better yet, how often do we see these young men waiting in line to learn how to be better MEN?
Image by; She Finds, http://www.shefinds.com
About the Author